Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Norbert Preining

Default iceweasel and facebook photos

Hi everyone,

I know that is not the bug forum for iceweasel, I still ask here.

I *know* for sure that some time ago Iceweasel was able to use the
normal Java based facebook photo upload interface.

Since quite some time that does not work anymore. I have tried with
UserAgen setting, but found that this doesn't make any difference,
especially since the default UA already included Firefox.

So the question is, is it FB that is blocking us, or is it again
a PITA in the iceweasel browser?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

Old 01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Olivier Bonvalet

Hi,

if you're using Debian sid, it's maybe because of the upgrade to
Openjdk/Icedtea, no ?

Olivier

Norbert Preining a écrit :

Hi everyone,

I know that is not the bug forum for iceweasel, I still ask here.

I *know* for sure that some time ago Iceweasel was able to use the
normal Java based facebook photo upload interface.

Since quite some time that does not work anymore. I have tried with
UserAgen setting, but found that this doesn't make any difference,

especially since the default UA already included Firefox.

So the question is, is it FB that is blocking us, or is it again
a PITA in the iceweasel browser?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
AMBLESIDE (n.)
A talk given about the Facts of Life by a father to his son whilst
walking in the garden on a Sunday afternoon.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Old 01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Norbert Preining

On Fr, 15 Jan 2010, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> if you're using Debian sid, it's maybe because of the upgrade to
> Openjdk/Icedtea, no ?

That might be, yes, I have openjdk/icedtea.

Is that not supported? Are there known issues? If yes, why did it
replace sun-java*?

Old 01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
James Vega

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know that is not the bug forum for iceweasel, I still ask here.
>
> I *know* for sure that some time ago Iceweasel was able to use the
> normal Java based facebook photo upload interface.

Are you being affected by Java's brokenness with bindv6only (c.f.,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560056)?

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>

Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
"brian m. carlson"

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:08:05AM -0500, James Vega wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I know that is not the bug forum for iceweasel, I still ask here.
> >
> > I *know* for sure that some time ago Iceweasel was able to use the
> > normal Java based facebook photo upload interface.
>
> Are you being affected by Java's brokenness with bindv6only (c.f.,
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560056)?

Well, that seems to occur with all Java applets at the moment. But,
when Java applets were working, I experienced Iceweasel crashes on
occasion when using the Java photo uploader with IcedTea. I've never
used sun-java-6, so I couldn't tell you if it worked better.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only