Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Joachim Wiedorn

Default Conditions to existing packages for transition into squeeze/stable

Hello,

there are some packages with old Standards-Version, old debhelper
version and so on.

Who know the conditions to existing packages in lenny for the
transition into squeeze when it goes to stable?

Or does all existing packages be accepted for the new stable
if it is already in testing (which is the usual case)?

Fondest regards,
Joachim Wiedorn

Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Simon McVittie

Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> Who know the conditions to existing packages in lenny for the
> transition into squeeze when it goes to stable?

I think you're confused about the ways packages migrate between
releases. See (for instance):

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives#s-testing

> Or does all existing packages be accepted for the new stable
> if it is already in testing (which is the usual case)?

Whatever packages are in squeeze (as testing) at the time it's released
will remain in squeeze (as stable). So: fix bugs in unstable, get the
fixed packages into testing (which is normally automatic), and they'll
automatically be in the next stable release.