Old 01-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Roger Leigh

Default Testers wanted for Gutenprint 5.0.2

Hi folks,

I have packaged Gutenprint 5.0.2, but unfortunately my inkjet printer
is out of black ink, so I'm unable to do the testing I normally do to
verify that it's all working correctly before I upload it.

The packages are at

http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/gutenprint-5.0.2/

If anyone who posesses an Epson or Canon inkjet and who has the time
to build and install the above package could test to see if it works
OK, I would be very grateful.

Testing includes:
- printing a test image from CUPS
(/usr/share/doc/ghostscript/examples/tiger.eps.gz) is a good choice,
as is the CUPS test page
- printing a test page using Foomatic (foomatic-db-gutenprint and
ijsgutenprint); can also be done from CUPS (same images as before)
- the CUPS PPDs for any existing Gutenprint printers should be
automatically updated, and the version number will reflect this.

I also normally test I can invoke ijsgutenprint by hand from
ghostscript and then cat the resulting data directly to the printer,
as well as testing escputil and a bunch of other stuff, but this is
just a point release so testing printing is working should be
sufficient.

Many thanks,
Roger

--