Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Don Armstrong

Default Future Debian package candidate web pages: present and future

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>> Have you thought about not relying on a cron job but doing the whole
>> thing via the PHP SOAP interface? I'm using PHP and SOAP to query the
>> BTS for Emdebian.
>> http://www.emdebian.org/bugs.php
>> (code available in the Emdebian SVN repo)
>> http://buildd.emdebian.org/svn/browser/current/website/trunk/english
>
> yes, i have. i need some sort of cache here because i cannot
> send traffic for 1500 HTTP request per page view and also
> not wait for them to return.

You should actually be able to generate this page with two requests:

my @bugs = @{$soap->get_bugs(package=>'wnpp')->results()};
my $status_hash = $soap->get_status(@bugs)->results();

Don Armstrong

--
I don't care how poor and inefficient a little country is; they like
to run their own business. I know men that would make my wife a

http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu

Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Sebastian Pipping

David Bremner wrote:

Sebastian> http://debian.binera.de/wnpp/

Looking better all the time.

thanks!

I would really like some (approximate)
popcon data myself, especially for orphaned packages.

would be cool, yes. i don't have any clue to do this
yet. if you do please share your thoughts with me
to speed the thing up. deal? :-)

But I'm like,
just this guy you know?

sorry, i'm not sure what you mean. you assume to be the only
one to care about this?

sebastian

Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Don Armstrong wrote:

You should actually be able to generate this page with two requests:

my @bugs = @{$soap->get_bugs(package=>'wnpp')->results()};
my $status_hash = $soap->get_status(@bugs)->results();

i plan to give this a try later. what do you think: up to what
number of bugs should i query with per request at max?
e.g. would all ~1800 bugs at once still be cool or should
i split that?

sebastian

Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
David Bremner

Sebastian>> David Bremner wrote:

>> I would really like some (approximate) popcon data myself,
>> especially for orphaned packages.

Sebastian> would be cool, yes. i don't have any clue to do this
Sebastian> yet. if you do please share your thoughts with me to
Sebastian> speed the thing up. deal? :-)

As far as I understand it (and maybe somebody more informed can
correct me), there is currently no fancy interface (SOAP) to the data
on popcon.debian.org On the other hand, it does not change that
quickly, so grabbing a copy once a week should be reasonable.

http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=whatever

obviously has access to the data, so maybe someone on the qa team can
comment.

>> But I'm like, just this guy you know?

Sebastian> sorry, i'm not sure what you mean.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaphod_Beeblebrox). I just wanted to
emphasise my bystander/dabbler status.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Lucas Nussbaum

On 17/01/08 at 23:48 +0100, David Bremner wrote:
> Sebastian>> David Bremner wrote:
>
> >> I would really like some (approximate) popcon data myself,
> >> especially for orphaned packages.
>
> Sebastian> would be cool, yes. i don't have any clue to do this
> Sebastian> yet. if you do please share your thoughts with me to
> Sebastian> speed the thing up. deal? :-)
>
> As far as I understand it (and maybe somebody more informed can
> correct me), there is currently no fancy interface (SOAP) to the data
> on popcon.debian.org On the other hand, it does not change that
> quickly, so grabbing a copy once a week should be reasonable.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=whatever
>
> obviously has access to the data, so maybe someone on the qa team can
> comment.

You could simply download it from http://popcon.debian.org/ and parse
it...
--