Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Minimal kernel version raised to 2.6.27

On Jan 14, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:

> I would like to come back to the distribution upgrade issue since udev
> package cannot be installed if the kernel doesn't support
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED (like Lenny kernel 2.6.26).
Yes, this will require a lockstep upgrade like it happened for lenny.
If you upgrade both the kernel and udev at the same time the udev
package will detect it and bypass the version check.

--
ciao,
Marco

Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Fathi Boudra

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
> Yes, this will require a lockstep upgrade like it happened for lenny.
> If you upgrade both the kernel and udev at the same time the udev
> package will detect it and bypass the version check.

it was my use case, unfortunately udev package upgrade failed and
apt-get dist-upgrade stopped.
Is it a bug ? do you want apt-get output (easily reproducible) ?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 AM

On Jan 14, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:

> it was my use case, unfortunately udev package upgrade failed and
> apt-get dist-upgrade stopped.

This is the cause, the new linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-* packages do not
match the regexp.
Kernel people, should I change it?

ver=$(echo $pkg | sed -nr "s/^.*linux-image-(2.6.[0-9]+)-[0-9]+-.*_.*_.*.deb$/1/p")

--
ciao,
Marco

Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 13:06 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 14, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > it was my use case, unfortunately udev package upgrade failed and
> > apt-get dist-upgrade stopped.
>
> This is the cause, the new linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-* packages do not
> match the regexp.
> Kernel people, should I change it?
>
> ver=$(echo $pkg | sed -nr "s/^.*linux-image-(2.6.[0-9]+)-[0-9]+-.*_.*_.*.deb$/1/p")

Please do. We won't use 'trunk' in an actual release but it will be
helpful to people using testing.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings