Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz

Default Adopting a package already removed from archive

Hi,

Is there any trick to getting a package into Debian after its removal from all
the suites? Or should we consider the regular process for a new package by
filing an ITP?

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org
0xA504FECA - http://pgp.mit.edu

Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Sandro Tosi

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 16:51, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian-ba.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any trick to getting a package into Debian after its removal from all
> the suites? Or should we consider the regular process for a new package by
> filing an ITP?

Regular process (but the previous package can give you some help in
get it started).

Please consider *why* it was removed: reintroduce it might not be the
right move.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 05:29:17PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 16:51, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian-ba.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any trick to getting a package into Debian after its removal from all
> > the suites? Or should we consider the regular process for a new package by
> > filing an ITP?
>
> Regular process (but the previous package can give you some help in
> get it started).

Thanks. So, the bts/pts will merge the package history to this new one, right?

> Please consider *why* it was removed: reintroduce it might not be the
> right move.

#352539. I couldn't see any grave reason for the removal. I can say this
software works really well in a i386 unstable suite. There was no outstanding
bugs when it was removed. The only issue it's not updated since 2006. However,
it's a kind of very specific purpose software that usually doesn't need new
features.

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org
0xA504FECA - http://pgp.mit.edu