Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Frank Lin PIAT

Default DebianWiki migrated

Hi all,

Wiki engine migrated
====================

The DebianWiki team is pleased to announce that the wiki is now running
moinmoin 1.7, which brings many new features (see [1] and [2]).

The syntax on how to make links and use attachments have changed in
moinmoin 1.6, see:
http://wiki.debian.org/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax
http://wiki.debian.org/HelpOnEditing

Also, the GUI editor is now disabled, because moinmoin 1.7 use an old
version of fckeditor which would have been a security problem. We are
working to find a solution.

Hosting sponsor

Secure https access
that you do not post https URL (to avoid "untrusted" SSL certificates
problems)

Misc Hints and Tips
===================

* The wiki.debian.org/Teams/${team} is a good place to get new
contributors...
A "News" section is a good idea (with links to "Bits
from $FooBar team" and some interesting threads on the mailing
list, like squeeze road-map)

* If you link to your wiki page from some Debian material (alioth,
documentation, package...), then add the page to the category
"CategoryPermaLink" so we can prevent 404s, also make sure use
use http link (i.e not https).

* Subscribe to the pages that matters to you, so you are notified
of contributions.

Thanks to the DDs that handled the hard work migrating the wiki (pabs,
luca and zobel).

... Stay tuned for more bits from DebianWiki, regarding the theme (CSS)
and License.

Franklin

[1] http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinRelease1.6
[2] http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinRelease1.7
[3] http://www.dg-i.net/

Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Frank Lin PIAT

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 21:29 +0100, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> Wiki engine migrated
> ====================

I completely forgot to thanks and give credits to Valessio Brito for his
DebianWiki logo.

http://wiki.debian.org/htdocs/WikiDebianLogo_B.png

This is now fixed.

Regards,

Franklin

Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wiki engine migrated
> ====================

Thanks for the work!

> Also, the GUI editor is now disabled, because moinmoin 1.7 use an old
> version of fckeditor which would have been a security problem. We are
> working to find a solution.

If I remember right, the GUI editor messed up several pages, so it was
recommended not to use it (and I always hated it with a passion....), so the
question is if it is really needed to have it enabled again.

Cheers,

Bernd

GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79