Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Hilmar Preusse

Default generating man pages from docbook

On 16.03.09 Marco d'Itri (md@Linux.IT) wrote:

Hi,

> I never received an answer from the docbook-to-man maintainers, so
> I switched to docbook-utils which works correctly but I found out is
> uninstallable on four architectures. What should I do?

Hmm, weird. jadetex is architecture all and haven't changed for a
while. Could you find out, why it can't be installed?

> https://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=module-init-tools

Checking for source dependency conflicts...
/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/apt-get --purge $CHROOT_OPTIONS -q -y install debhelper quilt docbook-utils
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

docbook-utils: Depends: jadetex but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

H.
--
Psychoanalysis is that mental illness for which it regards itself a therapy.
-- Karl Kraus

Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 PM

On Mar 16, Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hmm, weird. jadetex is architecture all and haven't changed for a
> while. Could you find out, why it can't be installed?
I hoped that somebody here would tell me...

--
ciao,
Marco

Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Norbert Preining

On Mo, 16 Mr 2009, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 16, Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
> > Hmm, weird. jadetex is architecture all and haven't changed for a
> > while. Could you find out, why it can't be installed?
> I hoped that somebody here would tell me...

Aehm sorry I lost this track completely. Can someone bring me on top
what I should look into?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@debian.org> Debian TeX Group
DRAFFAN (n.)
An infuriating person who always manages to look much more dashing
that anyone else by turning up unshaven and hangover at a formal
party.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Adeodato Simó

* Norbert Preining [Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:24:15 +0100]:

> On Mo, 16 Mär 2009, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Mar 16, Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
> > > Hmm, weird. jadetex is architecture all and haven't changed for a
> > > while. Could you find out, why it can't be installed?
> > I hoped that somebody here would tell me...

> Aehm sorry I lost this track completely. Can someone bring me on top
> what I should look into?

jadetex is uninstallable on arches where texlive-bin is not available
yet rebuilt against libpoppler4. Which is only s390, which is waiting
for an upload.

I’ve given back module-init-tools and set dep-waits as appropriate.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Norbert Preining

On Mo, 16 Mr 2009, Adeodato Sim wrote:
> jadetex is uninstallable on arches where texlive-bin is not available
> yet rebuilt against libpoppler4. Which is only s390, which is waiting
> for an upload.

Ok, I can live with that. If there are more fundamental problems with
s390 please ask again.

But that is probably a libpoppler problem not being compiled, thus a
texlive problem not being compiled. Sorry, poppler *is* a pain.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Hilmar Preusse

On 16.03.09 Adeodato Sim (dato@net.com.org.es) wrote:
> * Norbert Preining [Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:24:15 +0100]:
> > On Mo, 16 Mr 2009, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > On Mar 16, Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > > I hoped that somebody here would tell me...
>
> > Aehm sorry I lost this track completely. Can someone bring me on top
> > what I should look into?
>
> jadetex is uninstallable on arches where texlive-bin is not available
> yet rebuilt against libpoppler4. Which is only s390, which is waiting
> for an upload.

...however in the moment it seems not to be fault of poppler not to
be available. I guess the only thing we can do is waiting.

H.
--
Whatever doesn't succeed in two months and a half in California will
never succeed.