Old 03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Raphael Faria

Default New Security Team Members

Congratulation* for Nico and Steffen.

Can i ask how they started to work and develop with security? My dream is to become an security developer/professional.

2009/3/11 Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>

We're glad to announce the addition of Nico Golde and Steffen Joeris

as full members of the security team. *Both developers have worked on

testing-security before and are extending their work to the old and

current stable releases of Debian GNU/Linux.

Regards,

* * * *Joey

--

GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- The GNU Manifesto

--
Raphael Ottoni S M de Faria

There is no spoon...

* , * * * * * ,
*/ * * * * * *
((__-^^-,-^^-__))
*`-_---' `---_-'
* `--|o` 'o|--'

* * * *` */
* * * ):
* * * _o:
* * * *"-"

Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Steffen Joeris

Hi Raphael

> Can i ask how they started to work and develop with security? My dream is
> to become an security developer/professional.

All the neccessary documentation to start with is here[0]. It is most
important that we keep our security tracker[1] up to date, evaluate the
issues and fix them accordingly (preferrably with the maintianer's help).
Once you've read through the documentation, feel free to email me in private.
I am sure that there are tasks you could start helping us out with.

Cheers
Steffen

[0]: http://testing-security.debian.net/

[1]: http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/