Old 03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Matthew Garrett

Default lrmi vs new kernels vs libx86

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:07:29PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:

> Matthew: since you're libx86 upstream, you might be interested in the contents
> of debian/patches, I'll remove those as soon as you release a new version
> (also, please drop debian/ from upstream tarballs)

Thanks, I'll take a look at those.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 16:49:33 +0100, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> dear maintainers of packages that contain lrmi.{c,h},
>
> today Lucas has reported #518725 - atitvout FTBFS because of missing
> *_MASK defines.
> Seeing that bug and remembering fun with lrmi myself, I thought I can
> have a look how many other packages will FTBFS.

> The following packages contain lrmi.{c,h}, and the ones with the *
> FTBFS:
> read-edid*

Some time ago I filed a bug with a patch to switch it to use libx86.
<http://bugs.debian.org/495131>.

> svgalib*

And I ported svgalib to libx86 long time ago, so it's not using the
embedded lrmi. It also builds locally, do you have the failing logs?

regards,
guillem