Old 12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Nicolas CANIART

Default Producing multiple -dbg packages using CDBS

Hi,

I would like to know if someone could point me out the way one can
produce more than one -dbg package using CDBS ? (a package doing that
or some doc)
The changelog says it is possible as of version 0.4.38, but does not
provides any hints on how. And having a look at the CDBS debhelper.mk
file was no that inspiring. I found a trick the does the work, but its
just a trick.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.

--
Nicolas CANIART | PhD. Student
LaBRI, Domaine Universitaire | Room : 378

Old 12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Robert Millan

Not sure if that's what you were looking for (i.e. a specific
feature introduced with cdbs 0.4.38), but you can cook that up
on your own.

See how grub2 package does it for an example.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)

Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Andreas Metzler

Nicolas CANIART <nicolas.caniart@labri.fr> wrote:
> I would like to know if someone could point me out the way one can
> produce more than one -dbg package using CDBS ? (a package doing that
> or some doc)
> The changelog says it is possible as of version 0.4.38, but does not
> provides any hints on how.

[...]
/usr/share/doc/cdbs/cdbs-doc.html
To control more finely which debug symbols go where, in particular if you want
to build more than one debug package, there are variables
DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_package that specify the debug package target for each
individual binary package. An example usage would be:

DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_libfoo4 = libfoo-dbg
DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_foo-bin = foo-bin-dbg
[...]

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'

Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Nicolas CANIART

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 11:27:10AM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Nicolas CANIART <nicolas.caniart@labri.fr> wrote:
> > I would like to know if someone could point me out the way one can
> > produce more than one -dbg package using CDBS ? (a package doing that
> > or some doc)
> > The changelog says it is possible as of version 0.4.38, but does not
> > provides any hints on how.
>
> [...]
> /usr/share/doc/cdbs/cdbs-doc.html
> To control more finely which debug symbols go where, in particular if you want
> to build more than one debug package, there are variables
> DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_package that specify the debug package target for each
> individual binary package. An example usage would be:
>
> DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_libfoo4 = libfoo-dbg
> DEB_DBG_PACKAGE_foo-bin = foo-bin-dbg
> [...]
>
> cu andreas
> --
> `What a good friend you are to him, Dr. Maturin. His other friends are
> so grateful to you.'
> `I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'

All right, I should try to avoid thinking the docs available on the
net are more accurate than the one installed on my computer (thanks to
DDs hard work); shame on me.

My apologies for wasting your time and thank you for the answer.
It worked like a charm, of course.