Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Josselin Mouette

Default RFH: cheese

Hi,

the GNOME team is currently maintaining cheese, a program to take shots
from a webcam. However, while we have no particular trouble to maintain
it (it’s a small package), none of the maintainers currently owns a
webcam.

Therefore, it would be nice if someone with a webcam could give us a
hand with the bug reports and the interaction with the GStreamer video
input.

Thanks,
--
.'`. Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :

Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM

I have a laptop with a webcam and would be willing to assist.
What version would i need to run. I am currently using lenny. I am willing to upgrade to a newer version.
What documents would I need to familiarize myself with to be able to assist. I am not a Debian Developer. But I am a UNIX admin. So, I have some knowledge.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Kartik Mistry

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> the GNOME team is currently maintaining cheese, a program to take shots
> from a webcam. However, while we have no particular trouble to maintain
> it (it’s a small package), none of the maintainers currently owns a
> webcam.

I will be happy to help in any debugging, testing etc team wants. I
love this program cheese - it saves me to boot into Mac OS, only for
taking photos.

--
Cheers,
Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_