Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Daniel Dickinson

Default LXDE doesnt support Debian Menu

Is that a violation of a must directive and therefore a bug that will
need fixing ASAP? AIUI packages that have a GUI are required to have
debian menu, but I'm not sure if the window manager / desktop has the
same requirement.

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day. Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something. -- Michael Devore

Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Paul Wise

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Daniel Dickinson <cshore@bmts.com> wrote:

> Is that a violation of a must directive and therefore a bug that will
> need fixing ASAP? *AIUI packages that have a GUI are required to have
> debian menu, but I'm not sure if the window manager / desktop has the
> same requirement.

The Debian GNOME desktop by default does not include the 'Debian' menu.

There doesn't appear to be any requirement for window
managers/desktops to support it:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html#s11.8.4

IMO it is time to merge the Debian and FDO menus anyway.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Sune Vuorela

On 2009-02-26, Daniel Dickinson <cshore@bmts.com> wrote:
> --Sig_/b/o0j06x1Maj8m.BfPK65gn
>
> Is that a violation of a must directive and therefore a bug that will
> need fixing ASAP? AIUI packages that have a GUI are required to have
> debian menu, but I'm not sure if the window manager / desktop has the
> same requirement.

I am considering starting a discussion within the KDE team to stop
supporting the Debian Menu.

It becomes more and more useless - and it is also very ugly, as the menu
itself specifies icons that are nonexistant in all icon themes.

/Sune

Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Andreas Tille