-   -   Plea for library transition coordination (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/247656-plea-library-transition-coordination.html)

Adeodato Simó 02-18-2009 01:23 AM

Plea for library transition coordination

Please don't include a statement "If nobody objects, I'll go ahead with
this transition in a few days" in your transition requests to
debian-release. If you must absolutely do that, directly skip the mail.

There are a lot of requested transitions already, and we're doing our
best (unforeseen personal constraints permitting) to start allocating as
many as possible at the same time, in a way that allows us to keep at
least an ounze of sanity. Also, we're probably going to be a bit more
greedy than initially planned, at the prize of possibly breaking
selected packages in testing.

I get that everybody is anxious to get their work done, and I'm sorry
the Release Team is the bottleneck, but I don't think having your
transition stuck in unstable for four months is going to be any funnier
than waiting one.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
-- F. Nietzsche

Adeodato Simó 02-18-2009 01:26 AM

Plea for library transition coordination

I forgot to add, that almost no requests actually said "I'll go forward
with this in a few days if nobody objects", for which I'm very grateful
already.

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so let's economize it.
-- Mark Twain