Old 02-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Adeodato Simó

Default buildd.debian.org and https

You may have noticed that buildd.debian.org has started to redirect
requests to https. We wanna-build maintainers asked that https was
enabled on the buildd host in order to have a mechanism to possibly
serve code (updated versions of buildd and sbuild) to the autobuilders
via http(s) at some point in the future.

DSA has expressed that it's less of a maintenance headache to serve all
of buildd.d.o pages over https directly instead of cherry-picking what
locations should do https and which ones should not, and we're okay with
that.

I'm not sure if the SPI CA root certificate is included by default in
Debian, but it's a good idea to have it since it's needed by some other
services as well (eg. http://db.debian.org).

Hopefully this isn't much of a nuisance.

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

- Why are you whispering?
- Because I just think that no matter where she is, my mom can hear this
conversation.
-- Rory and Lane