Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Pietro Abate

Default Klear / Missing software in Debian?

Hi Juhana.

you can fill a RFP (Request For Package) in the debian bts, or even
better, you can try to package the software yourself (ITP). have a look
at this page for more details.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Joachim Reichel

Hi,

Hello. I noticed Klear (www.klear.org) is missing from
Debian pool. It is pleasant looking DVB digi-TV viewer.
It can be found from Ubuntu. While now I noticed Klear
has freezed, I already listed 50+ feature changes and wishes.
With a couple of changes and with subtitles, Klear
would be nice application. Maybe I will take a look at it.

hmm, no SVN commits for 12 months, no release for 18 months, not much traffic in
the forum. I wonder whether the project is still alive.

What are the benefits of klear compared to kaffeine?

Have you collected a list of useful software which are not
in Debian? Similar gems as Klear could be found.

Perhaps we should collect the list. That is easier than actually
making the Debian packages for the software.

This list exists already:
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Joachim

Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Michal Čihař

Hi

Dne Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:01:55 +0200
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@nic.funet.fi> napsal(a):

> Hello. I noticed Klear (www.klear.org) is missing from
> Debian pool. It is pleasant looking DVB digi-TV viewer.
> It can be found from Ubuntu. While now I noticed Klear
> has freezed, I already listed 50+ feature changes and wishes.
> With a couple of changes and with subtitles, Klear
> would be nice application. Maybe I will take a look at it.

It looked like a dead project to me some time ago, but maybe it has
changed (but definitely nobody is still interested in patches I sent
them).

Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Juhana Sadeharju

>It looked like a dead project to me some time ago, but maybe it has
>changed (but definitely nobody is still interested in patches I sent
>them).

I see there are too many missing software. No need to add Klear.
Kaffeine and Me-TV seems to be nearest equivalents.
If Klear has good features compared to others, I write them down
when I review Kaffeine. E.g., Klear has better EPG than Me-TV.
But I will contact the authors directly.

Juhana