-   -   RFH: mdadm packaging (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/246331-rfh-mdadm-packaging.html)

martin f krafft 02-16-2009 09:26 AM

RFH: mdadm packaging

I am a bit swamped and won't be able to see to the many things that
need to be done with mdadm for squeeze:

- synchronise the big Ubuntu patch; Dustin Kirkland from Canonical
has expressed interest to cooperate and could help.

- consider how to support non-dynamic (non-udev) creation of arrays
during boot.

- various improvements relating to the monthly consistency checks.

- convert the Git repo into a TopGit repo.

If you are interested in helping out, let me know. I am happy to
answer questions, walk you through the package, and mentor.

Cheers,

--
.'`. martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> Related projects:
: :' : proud Debian developer http://debiansystem.info

"let me take you down, 'cause i'm going to strawberry fields.
nothing is real and nothing to get hungabout.
strawberry fields forever."
-- the beatles

Dustin Kirkland 03-01-2009 05:51 PM

RFH: mdadm packaging

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:26 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> I am a bit swamped and won't be able to see to the many things that
> need to be done with mdadm for squeeze:
>
> - synchronise the big Ubuntu patch; Dustin Kirkland from Canonical
> *has expressed interest to cooperate and could help.

Hi Martin-

Most of the Ubuntu diff is present due to our use of udev for device bringup.

Is there roadmap for udev in Debian?

:-Dustin