Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
"Nelson A. de Oliveira"

Default Help for #508443

Hi!

I would like to ask for some help for the bug #508443, if possible,
please.

The problem is that I don't have a sparc machine (I have access to the
developer accessible ones, like smetana.debian.org, but I just can't
get an imagemagick package built with the debug symbols nor there is a
imagemagick-dbg for testing/unstable).

I can reproduce the problem on sparc (it starts to request more and
more memory; strace at [1]), but I can't have more info without a
stack trace. Upstream [2] also can't help without it.

As Thiemo said [3], it seems to be somehow related with the Kernel
version (but again, I can't test as I don't have any machines where the
problem is present).

If you want to help/test, the test image can be obtained from [4].
The command that causes the failure:

convert -geometry 22x22 -depth 8 -background none djvu.svg output.png

[1] http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/imagemagick/508443/strace.out
[2] http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12688&p=42253#p42253
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=33;bug=508443
[4] http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/imagemagick/djvu.svg