-   -   Purpose of devel-announce ( The firmware GR) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/212050-purpose-devel-announce-firmware-gr.html)

Kalle Kivimaa 12-15-2008 08:51 AM

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> I don't think d-d-a is meant to be used as a forum, but since others are
> doing so, I guess it's fine if I join.

Mmm, who is doing so? Do you mean the release team update? If so, I
don't think the update qualifies as "using devel-announce as a forum".
And even if it does, that does NOT excuse your misuse of it.

Please refrain from using the absolutely wrong list for your own
political purposes in the future.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P) *
* PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer *

Kalle Kivimaa 12-15-2008 08:56 AM

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> writes:
> Please refrain from using the absolutely wrong list for your own
> political purposes in the future.

As Cyril already pointed out, Robert's post was to the devel, not to
the devel-announce, so please ignore my outburst. Sorry for the noise.

Cyril Brulebois 12-15-2008 09:16 AM

Purpose of devel-announce ( The firmware GR)

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> (15/12/2008):
> As Cyril already pointed out, Robert's post was to the devel, not to
> the devel-announce, so please ignore my outburst. Sorry for the noise.

No no, you were right:
| From: Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com>
| To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org

But the lists are configured in a way that doesn't let that happen; I
was only pointing that Robert even failed abusing the system.

Mraw,
KiBi.