Old 12-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Frans Pop

Default Dependencies of printconf causing problems for CD building

The message below was sent to the maintainers of printconf, but so far
there has been no reply.

Any suggestions how to deal with this for Lenny would be very much
appreciated.

- drop printconf from the desktop and print-server tasks in tasksel
Is printconf actually still needed/useful for printer configuration?

- change printconf's dependencies to depend on foomatic-filters-ppds
instead of foomatic-db-*
Does that even make sense?

- change the dependency on foomatic-db-gutenprint to Recommends

- something else...

Cheers,
FJP