Old 12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl

Default Release plans? Bits from the RMs?

Hi!

Christian Perrier schrieb:

> So, what's the status now?

Can't answer for the release team, but it seems to me, that everyone is
waiting for the outcome of GR 2008/vote_003 [1]...

But I would appreciate an "official Bits from" mail, too.

Links:
1: http://www.debian.org/vote/2008/vote_003

Best regards,
Alexander

Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
"JD. Brown"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> (-release is not a discussion list, therefore setting followup to
> -devel)
>
> Dear release managers,
>
> I feel like being in the dark right now. And I feel like I'm not alone...

I agree and would like to know as well?

It seems as if the communication fell apart after September and trying
to track down any such information around the web is getting to be a
chore.

Granted, I'm no Debian developer (yet) and Debian tends to be the
known, "It's done when it's done!" distro but lack of information and
communication is in dire need here.

JD. Brown

Linux User # 375995 - http://counter.li.org/

Debian - http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Frank Lin PIAT

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 15:06 -0700, JD. Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > (-release is not a discussion list, therefore setting followup to
> > -devel)
> >
> > Dear release managers,
> >
> > I feel like being in the dark right now. And I feel like I'm not alone...
>
> I agree and would like to know as well?
>
> It seems as if the communication fell apart after September and trying
> to track down any such information around the web is getting to be a
> chore.

I started a wiki page to track such schedule a few weeks ago. I keep it
up to date (people in charge are welcome to contribute directly).
http://wiki.debian.org/Schedule

Franklin