Old 12-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Salvatore De Paolis

Default hd-media install

hi, i got the kernel and initrd.gz from here
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/
and as written in the documentation, i copied an iso image in the USB. I didn't
use the boot.img since i installed grub on the penstick. The problem is that
the usb seems not probed and mounted so the installer can't find the iso. It
should works out of the box or need some tuning in the initrd?

Regards
Sal

Old 12-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Salvatore De Paolis

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:50:39 +0100
Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse@gmx.com> wrote:

> hi, i got the kernel and initrd.gz from here
> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/
> and as written in the documentation, i copied an iso image in the USB. I
> didn't use the boot.img since i installed grub on the penstick. The problem
> is that the usb seems not probed and mounted so the installer can't find the
> iso. It should works out of the box or need some tuning in the initrd?
>
> Regards
> Sal

Pardon, wrong list..