Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Neil Williams

Default Problem with bts2ldap and therefore bts.turmzimmer.net ?

The graph on the Unofficial RC bugs count page has been flat for 7 days:
http://bts.turmzimmer.net/graph-small.png

Various comments have appeared that bugs have been fixed but still show
up on the page:
[FREEZE] Package: gcx (extra; Riccardo Stagni) [gcx/0.9.11-4 ; =]
[add/edit comment] 09-Dec-2008: Eddy Petrișor: package already in lenny
507667 [ ] Segfaults on amd64
[FROZEN] Package: iceape (optional; Maintainers of Mozilla-related
packages et al.) [iceape/1.1.13-1 ; =] [add/edit comment] 09-Dec-2008:
Didier Raboud: -done in the BTS. Why still appearing here ? 505565
[ S ] Mozilla SeaMonkey Multiple Vulnerabilities

The ldap query string mentioned on bts.turmzimmer.net provides a way to
query the data behind the page and this sheds some light on the
problem, e.g.:

$ ldapsearch -p 10101 -h bts2ldap.debian.net -x -b
dc=current,dc=bugs,dc=debian,dc=org '(&(debbugsSourcePackage=mb2md)(!
(debbugsTag=woody)))'

# 507465, current.bugs.debian.org
dn: cn=507465,dc=current,dc=bugs,dc=debian,dc=org
objectClass: debbugsBug
debbugsID: 507465
debbugsSubmitter: Grant Taylor <gtaylor+debianbts@picante.com>
debbugsDate: 1228149361
debbugsPackage: mb2md
debbugsSourcePackage: mb2md
debbugsSeverity: grave
debbugsState: open
debbugsTag: patch
debbugsTitle: mb2md often misses message boundaries in mbox files
debbugsAffected: testing
debbugsAffected: unstable
debbugsAffected: stable

Note - severity grave.

However, the SOAP interface disagrees, as does bts.debian.org:

$ bts status 507465
bug_num 507465
source unknown
found_versions mb2md/3.20-2
date 1228149361
found mb2md/3.20-2 =>
keywords patch
msgid <20081201163256.4037.66317.reportbug@habanero.pica nte.com>
id 507465
severity wishlist
location db-h
log_modified 1228668663
originator Grant Taylor <gtaylor+debianbts@picante.com>
subject mb2md: Please provide an option to tweak mail separation
detection. pending pending
package mb2md
tags patch

Severity: wishlist.

I've tried to contact Andreas Barth with no reply as yet. (CC'd)

Other ways of getting an accurate list of RC bugs that affect both
lenny and unstable?

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Neil Williams

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:32:47 +0000
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> The graph on the Unofficial RC bugs count page has been flat for 7
> days: http://bts.turmzimmer.net/graph-small.png

Now working again - thanks to whoever fixed it.
;-)

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Luk Claes

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:32:47 +0000
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> The graph on the Unofficial RC bugs count page has been flat for 7
>> days: http://bts.turmzimmer.net/graph-small.png
>
> Now working again - thanks to whoever fixed it.
> ;-)

It was a problem in the interaction of the BTS with the archive AFAIK,
so not only bts.turmzimmer.net, but also for instance all the version
graphs were affected.

It was already known for days, Don was investigating together with FTP
Team was the last update I got.

Cheers

Luk

Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Olivier Berger

Hi.

Le jeudi 11 décembre 2008 à 19:24 +0100, Luk Claes a écrit :
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:32:47 +0000
> > Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> The graph on the Unofficial RC bugs count page has been flat for 7
> >> days: http://bts.turmzimmer.net/graph-small.png
> >
> > Now working again - thanks to whoever fixed it.
> > ;-)
>
> It was a problem in the interaction of the BTS with the archive AFAIK,
> so not only bts.turmzimmer.net, but also for instance all the version
> graphs were affected.
>
> It was already known for days, Don was investigating together with FTP
> Team was the last update I got.

While we're at it, I find mentions of
http://people.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/ sometimes by googleing
bts2ldap... but it's not there ATM. I'm just curious, investingating all
sorts of bug-related things in Debian, not really missing it for a
specific need.

As I couldn't find reference details on whether this should still be OK
or not, I'm not sure.

Is this supposed to be still operational ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC

Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Andreas Barth

* Neil Williams (codehelp@debian.org) [081211 19:01]:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:32:47 +0000
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > The graph on the Unofficial RC bugs count page has been flat for 7
> > days: http://bts.turmzimmer.net/graph-small.png
>
> Now working again - thanks to whoever fixed it.

Martin Zobel by installing a perl package that went missing (and me by
finding which).

Cheers,
Andi

Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
James Vega

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 07:53:23PM +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> While we're at it, I find mentions of
> http://people.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/ sometimes by googleing
> bts2ldap... but it's not there ATM. I'm just curious, investingating all
> sorts of bug-related things in Debian, not really missing it for a
> specific need.

Looks like that wasn't moved to ravel when people.debian.org changed
hosts. It's still accessible, for now, if you use oldpeople.d.o
instead.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>

Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> (11/12/2008):
> While we're at it, I find mentions of
> http://people.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/ sometimes by googleing
> bts2ldap... but it's not there ATM.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/08/msg00012.html
2. http://oldpeople.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Luk Claes

Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Le jeudi 11 décembre 2008 à 19:24 +0100, Luk Claes a écrit :
>> Neil Williams wrote:

>>> Now working again - thanks to whoever fixed it.
>>> ;-)
>> It was a problem in the interaction of the BTS with the archive AFAIK,
>> so not only bts.turmzimmer.net, but also for instance all the version
>> graphs were affected.
>>
>> It was already known for days, Don was investigating together with FTP
>> Team was the last update I got.
>>

> While we're at it, I find mentions of
> http://people.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/ sometimes by googleing
> bts2ldap... but it's not there ATM. I'm just curious, investingating all
> sorts of bug-related things in Debian, not really missing it for a
> specific need.
>
> As I couldn't find reference details on whether this should still be OK
> or not, I'm not sure.
>
> Is this supposed to be still operational ?

You can probably find it at oldpeople as people moved to a new machine
without an automatic move of the webpages...

Cheers

Luk

Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Neil Williams

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:53:23 +0100
Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:

> While we're at it, I find mentions of
> http://people.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/ sometimes by googleing
> bts2ldap... but it's not there ATM. I'm just curious, investingating
> all sorts of bug-related things in Debian, not really missing it for a
> specific need.

http://oldpeople.debian.org/~aba/bts2ldap/

Andreas hasn't yet migrated the site to the new host for p.d.o.

--

Neil Williams