Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 AM
"Всеволод Величко"

Default Misunderstand in debian/rules script

Hello, all.
I have a little problem while building a package - it uses two systems
for building - cmake in the main package dir and qmake in one
subdirectory.
I have in my debian/rules file the following strings:
#QUOTE begin
build: build-stamp
build-stamp:
dh_testdir
cmake .
dh build
convert -resize 32x32
icons/program_64.png icons/program.xpm
cd plugins/icq
pwd
qmake-qt4 icq.pro
make
cd ../..
touch $@
#QUOTE end

It normally builds the main part, but fails on the subdir building
with the "Cannot find file: icq.pro" error.
`pwd` outputs `/home/myhome/worskspace/package`, so I think that it
simply returns to the main dir after each command execution.
I haven't found any mention about that in Debian Developer's Reference
and don't know how to fix that problem, so I have to ask your help.
Thanks.

--
Best wishes,
Velichko Vsevolod

Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Cyril Brulebois

Всеволод Величко <torkvemada@nigma.ru> (10/12/2008):
> It normally builds the main part, but fails on the subdir building
> with the "Cannot find file: icq.pro" error.
> `pwd` outputs `/home/myhome/worskspace/package`, so I think that it
> simply returns to the main dir after each command execution.

You want e.g. “cd foo; bar”.

> I haven't found any mention about that in Debian Developer's Reference
> and don't know how to fix that problem, so I have to ask your help.

And you want debian-mentors@ for that kind of stuff.

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:17 AM
"Paul Wise"

Use "cd plugins/icq ; qmake-qt4 icq.pro" instead of "qmake-qt4 icq.pro".

debian/rules is just a makefile, so everything in the GNU Make manual
applies to it.

Also, you might want to file a bug upstream (with patch if you have
time) asking for them to pick one build system and stick with it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Florian Weimer

* Paul Wise:

> Use "cd plugins/icq ; qmake-qt4 icq.pro" instead of "qmake-qt4 icq.pro".

Actually, "cd plugins/icq && qmake-qt4 icq.pro" is the recommended
approach. It makes sure that the the command does not spuriously
succeed when the target directory does not exist and the current
directory contains the necessary input data for the command.