Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Charles Plessy

Default BTS usertag with an userid that is not an email address.

Hi all,

I am doing some pilot tagging to implement my idea of peer review for the
`debian/copyright' file. Since I have no plan of setting and managing a contact
email for this, I tried to define a usertag with a username that is not an
email address:

aqwa『~』$ bts user copyright-peer-review . usertag 505251 requested

Unfortunately, it did not work:

----- Forwarded message from Debian Bug Tracking System -----

Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:33:06 +0000
Subject: Processed (with 2 errors): user copyright-peer-review, usertagging 505251

> user copyright-peer-review
Selected user id (copyright-peer-review) invalid, sorry
> usertags 505251 requested
No valid user selected

[…]

----- End forwarded message -----

It there a recommended naming scheme for setting up usertags in a sensible way?
Is it really important that the user name is an email address? Do I have to use
something like copyright-peer-review@.invalid, or copyright@peer-review?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

Old 12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
"Paul Wise"

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> I am doing some pilot tagging to implement my idea of peer review for the
> `debian/copyright' file.

How about using user debian-legal@lists.debian.org, usertag
copyright-review-requested for this purpose?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Charles Plessy

Le Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 12:33:12AM +0900, Paul Wise a crit :
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I am doing some pilot tagging to implement my idea of peer review for the
> > `debian/copyright' file.
>
> How about using user debian-legal@lists.debian.org, usertag
> copyright-review-requested for this purpose?

Hello debian-legal,

I am thinking about a usertag system to request peer reviews of
debian/copyright files. Apparently it is not possible to use usertags without
providing an email address. Would you mind if I use
debian-legal@lists.debian.org for this purpose? As far as I understand there is
no functionality in the BTS to send emails to the user based on his tags, so it
should not increase the traffic on the list.

Have a nice day, and thanks Paul for the idea,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan