Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Default Why acroread is popular (Was: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main)

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> ..because I do not use GNOME and KDE and it does not suck several
> 100 MByte of useless GNOME and KDE libs!
'evince-gtk' package pulls much less dependencies, I am using it with XFCE.

Ukrainian C++ Developer, Debian APT contributor

Old 12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> ..because I do not use GNOME and KDE and it does not suck several
>> 100 MByte of useless GNOME and KDE libs!
> 'evince-gtk' package pulls much less dependencies, I am using it with XFCE.

Since 2.24 (which is in experimental) the evince package doesn't link to
unneeded dependencies anymore, making the evince-gtk package pointless. So now
you will be able to install the evince package with the same results.

Emilio