Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Petter Reinholdtsen

Default Why is acroread so popular? (Was: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main)

[Gunnar Wolf]
> But anyway, and knowing this is not an Ubuntu list... Does anybody
> know why on Earth is Acroread popular? Why isn't a PDF regularly
> handled in a saner way with Evince (or kde-based lookalike) in some
> distributions?

It is also popular in Debian. I asked the same question over at
debian-edu@, and got a lot of replies. I recommend looking at
<URL:http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-edu@lists.debian.org/msg13528.html>
for that thread.

Happy hacking,