-   -   Why is acroread so popular? (Was: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/202984-why-acroread-so-popular-popular-packages-ubuntu-missing-debian-main.html)

Petter Reinholdtsen 12-01-2008 04:07 AM

Why is acroread so popular? (Was: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main)

[Gunnar Wolf]
> But anyway, and knowing this is not an Ubuntu list... Does anybody
> know why on Earth is Acroread popular? Why isn't a PDF regularly
> handled in a saner way with Evince (or kde-based lookalike) in some
> distributions?

It is also popular in Debian. I asked the same question over at
debian-edu@, and got a lot of replies. I recommend looking at
<URL:http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-edu@lists.debian.org/msg13528.html>
for that thread.

Happy hacking,