Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 PM
"Arnaud Quette"

Default ITP: powerman -- Centralized Power Distribution Unit (PDU) management

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

* Package name: powerman
Version: 2.3
Author: The Regents of the University of California.
Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Written by Andrew Uselton <uselton2@llnl.gov>
Jim Garlick <garlick@llnl.gov>
Al Chu <chu11@llnl.gov>
Chris Dunlap <cdunlap@llnl.gov>
* License: GPL 2+
Description : Centralized Power Distribution Unit (PDU) management

PowerMan is a tool for manipulating Power Distribution Units (PDUs) from a
central location. It is suitable for remote operation in data centers or
compute cluster environment.
.
Several RPC varieties are supported natively by PowerMan and
Expect-like configurability simplifies the addition of new devices.
.
This package includes support for Genders, HTTP devices and Curses user
interface.

Side notes:
- I'm in touch with the upstream maintainer (Jim Garlick),
- a new release is scheduled with some fixes planned, following my recent audit,
- a client library (libpowerman) will soon be available, to allow the
remote manipulation of a Powerman daemon,
- an integration of this library is underway in the Network UPS Tools.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com