Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
David Paleino

Default Info on Planet Debian

Hello,
just out of curiosity: is there a procedure to follow to be added to Planet
Debian's feeds? Does one get automatically added when she becomes DD? Are only
DD "allowed" to post on Planet?

Kindly,
David

--
. '`. Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
: :' : Linuxer #334216 --|-- http://www.hanskalabs.net/

Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho

See http://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyvšskylš, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/

Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Stefano Zacchiroli

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:33:59PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> just out of curiosity: is there a procedure to follow to be added to Planet
> Debian's feeds? Does one get automatically added when she becomes DD? Are only
> DD "allowed" to post on Planet?

http://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
(2nd google hit for "planet debian")

Dietro un grande uomo c'Ť ..| . |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie
sempre uno zaino ...........| ..: |.... Je dis tu ŗ tous ceux que j'aime

Old 11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
David Paleino

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:45:53 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:33:59PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> > just out of curiosity: is there a procedure to follow to be added to Planet
> > Debian's feeds? Does one get automatically added when she becomes DD? Are
> > only DD "allowed" to post on Planet?
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
> (2nd google hit for "planet debian")

Yes, sorry for not thinking about that before.

I just looked in the MLs and didn't find anything.

However, on "my" google, it's the 11th hit. /me wonders why

Thank you both for your replies.

Ciao,
David

Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Adeodato Simů

* David Paleino [Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:27:52 +0100]:

> However, on "my" google, it's the 11th hit. /me wonders why

It happens, there are different results among the different Google TLDs.
If you always search in English and you don't mind cookies, you may want
to click on the "Google.com in English" link. Else, you can use a browser
shortcut that will poll google.com directly, and then google.com will
return the results. That works, and several people have been happy when
they've found out.

Adeodato Simů dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

In my opinion, the most fruitful and natural play of the mind is in
conversation. I find it sweeter than any other action in life; and if I
were forced to choose, I think I would rather lose my sight than my
hearing and voice.
-- Michel de Montaigne

Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz

Hey,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:37:41PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:33:59PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> > just out of curiosity: is there a procedure to follow to be added to Planet
> > Debian's feeds? Does one get automatically added when she becomes DD? Are only
> > DD "allowed" to post on Planet?
>
> See http://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

Don't you think it would be nice linking this in the planet page? I've tried to
join some years ago by sending emails to planet@debian.org as listed there with
no answers :

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org

Old 11-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Yves-Alexis Perez

On mar, 2008-11-25 at 19:54 +0100, Adeodato Simů wrote:
> It happens, there are different results among the different Google
> TLDs.
> If you always search in English and you don't mind cookies, you may
> want
> to click on the "Google.com in English" link. Else, you can use a
> browser
> shortcut that will poll google.com directly, and then google.com will
> return the results. That works, and several people have been happy
> when
> they've found out.

google.$tld/ncr works fine too.
--
Yves-Alexis

Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Florian Maier

Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 PM
David Paleino

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:46:18 +0100, Florian Maier wrote:

> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:33:59PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> >> just out of curiosity: is there a procedure to follow to be added
> >> to Planet Debian's feeds? Does one get automatically added when
> >> she becomes DD? Are only DD "allowed" to post on Planet?
> >
> > See http://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>
> Tried this about 4 weeks ago and i'm still waiting for an answer from
> Mako ;-)

Ah, good to know, I'm used to fast replies

At least I will happily wait.

Kindly,
David

Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Adeodato Simů

* Yves-Alexis Perez [Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:06:58 +0100]:

> On mar, 2008-11-25 at 19:54 +0100, Adeodato Simů wrote:
> > It happens, there are different results among the different Google
> > TLDs.
> > If you always search in English and you don't mind cookies, you may
> > want
> > to click on the "Google.com in English" link. Else, you can use a
> > browser
> > shortcut that will poll google.com directly, and then google.com will
> > return the results. That works, and several people have been happy
> > when
> > they've found out.

> google.$tld/ncr works fine too.

Yes, that's what the "Google.com in English" mail I mentioned points to.

Adeodato Simů dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.