Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Frank Küster

Default Bits from the buildd.debian.org world

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> * the role address for the wanna-build team is wb-team@buildd.debian.org.
> However, a buildd.debian.org pseudo-package has been requested in the
> BTS,

Many thanks for these improvements, especially the one I cited!

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)

Old 11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Don Armstrong

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> However, a buildd.debian.org pseudo-package has been requested in
> the BTS,

The buildd.debian.org psuedo-package is now in place; there will be a
slight delay while everything catches up, but you can use it
immediately.

Don Armstrong

--
We cast this message into the cosmos. [...] We are trying to survive
our time so we may live into yours. We hope some day, having solved

http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu

Old 11-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Roger Leigh

Adeodato Simó wrote:

A new team has been created (gid: wbadm) to maintain the wanna-build
infrastructure (that is, the software that tells the autobuilders what
to build, plus the pages you see in <http://buildd.debian.org>). The
team is initially formed by:

* Andreas Barth
* Marc Brockschmidt
* Luk Claes
* Philipp Kern
* Ryan Murray
* Adeodato Simó

[...]

Source code
===========

All the source code that is around in raff (buildd.debian.org) and the
buildds will be published, most likely under http://buildd.debian.org/git/
(plus a mirror in git.debian.org). We'll get to that next, thanks in
advance for your patience.

Is there any interest in merging this into the existing buildd-tools git
repository?

git://git.debian.org/git/buildd-tools/sbuild.git

This was originally derived from Ryan Murray's SVN repo, which was in
turn based on the Kullervo CVS. It has had quite extensive refactoring
(of sbuild in particular; the other tools are pending). There are quite
a lot of bugfixes as well as new functionality you might like to pick
up. The sbuild and wanna-build tools are currently in unstable, while
buildd is in git only; it's not yet been refactored sufficiently to
package up nicely.

Regards,
Roger

Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Adeodato Simó

* Roger Leigh [Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:14:31 +0000]:

> Adeodato Simó wrote:

Hello, Roger.

>> Source code
>> ===========

>> All the source code that is around in raff (buildd.debian.org) and the
>> buildds will be published, most likely under http://buildd.debian.org/git/
>> (plus a mirror in git.debian.org). We'll get to that next, thanks in
>> advance for your patience.

> Is there any interest in merging this into the existing buildd-tools git
> repository?

> git://git.debian.org/git/buildd-tools/sbuild.git

> This was originally derived from Ryan Murray's SVN repo, which was in
> turn based on the Kullervo CVS. It has had quite extensive refactoring
> (of sbuild in particular; the other tools are pending). There are quite
> a lot of bugfixes as well as new functionality you might like to pick
> up. The sbuild and wanna-build tools are currently in unstable, while
> buildd is in git only; it's not yet been refactored sufficiently to
> package up nicely.

Yes, there is definitely interest in working out some scheme that
benefits everybody. In fact, Philipp Kern tried to get hold of you via
IRC some days ago, but it seems mail would have worked better. :-)

sbuild looks like a good first candidate to work on, though I'm told it
needs some changes (not fully compatible with raff's wanna-build, I
think), and ultimately coordination with each buildd admin.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.
-- Amos Bronson Alcott

Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Michael Banck

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 07:26:06PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Recent work from Steve McIntyre (current DPL) in coordination with Ryan
> Murray (wanna-build maintainer and buildd admin for several architectures)
> has led to the injection of new blood in the buildd.debian.org world. We

Will the experimental autobuilders get integrated into
buildd.debian.org, where they (IMO) belong, especially with the current
situation where experimental has replaced unstable to some extent?

cheers,

Michael

Old 12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Philipp Kern

On 2008-12-04, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 07:26:06PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>> Recent work from Steve McIntyre (current DPL) in coordination with Ryan
>> Murray (wanna-build maintainer and buildd admin for several architectures)
>> has led to the injection of new blood in the buildd.debian.org world. We
> Will the experimental autobuilders get integrated into
> buildd.debian.org, where they (IMO) belong, especially with the current
> situation where experimental has replaced unstable to some extent?

It is on our long-term to-do list, yes. It might take some time, though.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern