Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Steve Kemp

Default For those who care about lesbians reloaded (Was: SmellyWerewolf.com perfume & make-up discount)

On Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 22:17:44 +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

> FWIW we had this discussion already:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00920.html
>
> Could we fucking stop repeating the same old discussions over and over
> and over ? every two year we troll about firmwares, bad jokes on d-d-a,
> what else ?
>
> COULD WE PLEASE FUCKING LEARN FROM OUR PAST PLEASE ?

If sexism keeps being repeated then I will continue to complain.
Or quit.

Firmware, etc, is unrelated. No need for all caps.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/

Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> (23/11/2008):
> Could we f*ing stop repeating the same old discussions over and over
> and over ? every two year we troll about firmwares, bad jokes on
> d-d-a, what else ?
>
> COULD WE PLEASE F*ING LEARN FROM OUR PAST PLEASE ?

You may want not to use some derivatives of the F-word in a sex-related
discussion.

Should I precise it's being said on a tongue-in-chick tone?

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Michael Banck

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 01:18:14AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> I just don't care. We had the very same discussion 2 years ago. Nothing
> good came out of it, nothing will this time either. I see no point in
> trolling on -devel@ on the subject. Just answer privately to Joss if he
> hurt your feelings, but this thread will go nowhere, like it went
> nowhere last time.

Joss did not hurt my feelings, but he did hurt the project's outside
appearance (which for most outsiders is defined as "at least whatever
gets posted to -news, -anounce and -devel-announce", like it or not) by
making us look like jerks or sexists and whatnot.

Michael

PS: Besides, I was under the impression that the social pressure Andrew
faced after his d-d-a faux pas was partly responsible for his
resignation, so there would have been some sort of outcome indeed, but
maybe I am misremembering.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Steve McIntyre

Michael Banck wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 01:18:14AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>> I just don't care. We had the very same discussion 2 years ago. Nothing
>> good came out of it, nothing will this time either. I see no point in
>> trolling on -devel@ on the subject. Just answer privately to Joss if he
>> hurt your feelings, but this thread will go nowhere, like it went
>> nowhere last time.
>
>Joss did not hurt my feelings, but he did hurt the project's outside
>appearance (which for most outsiders is defined as "at least whatever
>gets posted to -news, -anounce and -devel-announce", like it or not) by
>making us look like jerks or sexists and whatnot.

And because of that I've asked the listmasters to block him from
posting to d-d-a.

Let's stop the discussion now, please. I'm sure we've all got better
things to do with our time.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
You lock the door

Old 11-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> And because of that I've asked the listmasters to block him from
> posting to d-d-a.
>
> Let's stop the discussion now, please. I'm sure we've all got better
> things to do with our time.

Community, Identity, Stability.

Brave New World,
--
Adnčne

Old 11-24-2008, 02:49 AM
Steve Langasek

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 01:42:08AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:

> PS: Besides, I was under the impression that the social pressure Andrew
> faced after his d-d-a faux pas was partly responsible for his
> resignation, so there would have been some sort of outcome indeed, but
> maybe I am misremembering.

On the contrary, he posted to d-d-a with full intention to leave the project
afterwards...

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org