Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Joerg Jaspert

Default /tools removed from mirrors

Hi

with the next mirror run the /tools directory will be gone from Debian
mirrors.

It contained *old* tools to help DOS users to install Linux and AFAIk
wasn't really used for anything anymore anyway. And noone complained
when I asked about it in August this year, so now its gone.

In case someone really needs it - it is on archive.debian.org.

Loadlin-packager: CCed you, as you want to stop building the byhand
component.

--
bye, Joerg
Some NM:

Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Samuel Thibault

Joerg Jaspert, le Mon 17 Nov 2008 23:53:33 +0100, a écrit :
> And noone complained when I asked about it in August this year, so now
> its gone.

Uh, I wasn't yet subscribed to debian-devel at the time and thus
wasn't aware of that goal. It sure is still useful for blind people
booting from a DOS bootdisk with a screen reader (still so far the only
accessible "bootloader")

> Loadlin-packager: CCed you, as you want to stop building the byhand
> component.

Well loadlin should at least be kept on the installation CDs. And to my
knowledge the CD image build system fetches it from ftp mirrors...

Samuel