Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña

Default What should be on a rescue CD ? (was Debian Live Lenny Beta1)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:58:42AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The current list (which I haven't added even my suggestions to yet)
> > is at
> > http://git.debian.net/?p=live-helper.git;a=blob;f=lists/rescue
> > (I am told - I can't check right now because alioth seems to be down)
>
> for the records: git.debian.net is not alioth, and it (g.d.n) is not
> down, so feel free to have a look at it.

I did, and that url it gives out a '403 Forbidden - No such project'

In any case, it would be worthwhile to see what other people have included in
a Forensic live-cd, one that comes to mind is FIRE: http://fire.dmzs.com/
(slightly out of date, but its lists of pacakges at
at http://fire.dmzs.com/?section=tools and forensics
packages at http://fire.dmzs.com/?section=tools&subsection=F might be handy)
or HELIX (http://www.e-fense.com/helix/, list of tools included at
http://www.e-fense.com/helix/contents.php)

IMHO, the basic tools in any forensics live-cd would be: recover (only for
ext2), tct, sleuthkit and its frontend autopsy.

Regards

Javier