Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Luca Capello

Default OpenPGP smartcard and Debian

Hi all!

Since at DebConf8 various people were interested [1] in the OpenPGP
smartcard [2], I decided to officially document my experience on the
Debian wiki [3].

At the moment the page contains very basic information, but I expect to
complete it soon, since I'll give a talk on this matter at the
forthcoming Italian Debian Community Conference [4].

Together with the information page, I created a buying page [5] to
coordinate people interested in buying the card. The idea behind this
is to reduce shipping costs, since the smartcard is primarily sold by
the German company Kernel Concepts [6].

While this (especially the buying page [5]) is not Debian-specific, I
preferred the Debian wiki [7] since I primarily helped (and will help)
Debian Developers and users. Moreover, I already discussed in the past
about the OpenPGP card and its integration in Debian, both in public and
in private.

Obviously, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20080812.211257.54e21495.en.html