-   -   RFH: automake, library and sub-automake using rpath (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/154340-rfh-automake-library-sub-automake-using-rpath.html)

Philipp Matthias Hahn 09-04-2008 07:54 PM

RFH: automake, library and sub-automake using rpath

Hi!

I have a problem with the audit-package [1]:
1. it uses autoconf/automake
2. it builds a shared library
3. it aggregates a copy of a python sub-package named "system-config-audit",
which uses a _seperate_ autoconf/automake. The parent-autoconf calls it
using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([system-config-audit])
4. the sub-package uses the shared library.

Since the library is only installed in a temporary location, and the
sub-automake doesn't know anything about the _temporary_ installation, the
sub-package links to that library using a rpath. Lintian sais:

W: system-config-audit: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./lib/system-config-audit-server /media/storage/debian/pool/main/a/audit/audit-1.7.5/lib/.libs

Does some autoconf/automake/python-guru know how I can fix this dilemma?

I would like to use the included system-config-audit, since it's better tested,
but if that doesn't work, I could also ignore the included version and create a
completely separate package from the original author [2].

BYtE
Philipp

[1] http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/system-config-audit/
--
Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@debian.org>
GPG/PGP: 9A540E39 @ keyrings.debian.org

Pierre Chifflier 09-05-2008 09:04 AM

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:54:37PM +0200, Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with the audit-package [1]:
> 1. it uses autoconf/automake
> 2. it builds a shared library
> 3. it aggregates a copy of a python sub-package named "system-config-audit",
> which uses a _seperate_ autoconf/automake. The parent-autoconf calls it
> using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([system-config-audit])
> 4. the sub-package uses the shared library.
>
> Since the library is only installed in a temporary location, and the
> sub-automake doesn't know anything about the _temporary_ installation, the
> sub-package links to that library using a rpath. Lintian sais:
>
> W: system-config-audit: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./lib/system-config-audit-server /media/storage/debian/pool/main/a/audit/audit-1.7.5/lib/.libs
>
> Does some autoconf/automake/python-guru know how I can fix this dilemma?

Hi Philipp,

For NuFW I also remove a local rpath (#495769) .. yet this is not a auto* trick,
I just use the debian tools.

I added a Build-Dep on chrpath [1], and the following line in debian/rules (after
the installation step):

chrpath -d $(CURDIR)/debian/libpam-nufw/lib/security/pam_nufw.so

HTH,
Pierre

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/chrpath