FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Daniel Burrows
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:01:29AM +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Release notes
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> There is still quite a lot of work to be done on the lenny release notes.
> Coordination for this will happen on the debian-doc@lists.debian.org
> mailing list (further information to appear in a mail to that list). If
> you know of any issues that need to be documented, file them as bugs
> against the ``release-notes' pseudo package.

Do you know where I can find the current version of the release notes?
I don't want to file bugs asking for documentation of things that are
already documented. Or is the NewInLenny page the staging ground for
the release notes?

Thanks,
Daniel


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Luk Claes
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:01:29AM +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> was heard to say:
>> Release notes
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> There is still quite a lot of work to be done on the lenny release notes.
>> Coordination for this will happen on the debian-doc@lists.debian.org
>> mailing list (further information to appear in a mail to that list). If
>> you know of any issues that need to be documented, file them as bugs
>> against the ``release-notes' pseudo package.
>
> Do you know where I can find the current version of the release notes?
> I don't want to file bugs asking for documentation of things that are
> already documented. Or is the NewInLenny page the staging ground for
> the release notes?

svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/branches/release-notes/lenny

Cheers

Luk


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Franklin PIAT
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

Hello,

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:46 -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:01:29AM +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > Release notes
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > There is still quite a lot of work to be done on the lenny release notes.
> > Coordination for this will happen on the debian-doc@lists.debian.org
> > mailing list (further information to appear in a mail to that list). If
> > you know of any issues that need to be documented, file them as bugs
> > against the ``release-notes' pseudo package.
>
> Do you know where I can find the current version of the release notes?
> I don't want to file bugs asking for documentation of things that are
> already documented.

> Or is the NewInLenny page the staging ground for the release notes?

Due to license incompatibility, the content of the NewInLenny wiki page
can't be copied to the release notes.

So if you write some text, then you should also send a mail to the
release-notes maintainers (We won't repeat that mistake for Squeeze).

Franklin


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Vincent Danjean
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

Franklin PIAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:46 -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:01:29AM +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> was heard to say:
>>> Release notes
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> There is still quite a lot of work to be done on the lenny release notes.
>>> Coordination for this will happen on the debian-doc@lists.debian.org
>>> mailing list (further information to appear in a mail to that list). If
>>> you know of any issues that need to be documented, file them as bugs
>>> against the ``release-notes' pseudo package.
>> Do you know where I can find the current version of the release notes?
>> I don't want to file bugs asking for documentation of things that are
>> already documented.
>
>> Or is the NewInLenny page the staging ground for the release notes?
>
> Due to license incompatibility, the content of the NewInLenny wiki page
> can't be copied to the release notes.

Cannot you rename NewInLenny to NewInLenny-oldlicense and recreate a
NewInLenny page (with a link to NewInLenny-oldlicense ?)
The new NewInLenny page would have a licence compatible with the
release notes and can be fed up with the content of the current release
notes...

> So if you write some text, then you should also send a mail to the
> release-notes maintainers (We won't repeat that mistake for Squeeze).
>
> Franklin

Vincent


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Matthew Johnson
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

On Tue Sep 02 09:52, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> Cannot you rename NewInLenny to NewInLenny-oldlicense and recreate a
> NewInLenny page (with a link to NewInLenny-oldlicense ?)
> The new NewInLenny page would have a licence compatible with the
> release notes and can be fed up with the content of the current release
> notes...

Or, ask all the contributors to the NewInLenny page if they could agree
to licence their contributions in a compatible fashion (what _are_ the
relevant licences anyway?!)

--
Matthew Johnson
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
"Paul Wise"
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> wrote:

> Or, ask all the contributors to the NewInLenny page if they could agree
> to licence their contributions in a compatible fashion (what _are_ the
> relevant licences anyway?!)

Nothing specific, some more information:

http://bugs.debian.org/385797
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms/Proposals
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms/RelicensingStrategy
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2008/debconf8/low/494_Debian_Wiki.ogg
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2008/debconf8/low/495_Debian_Wiki.ogg

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Holger Levsen
 
Default Release Update: freeze guidelines, testing, BSP, rc bug fixes

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 07:54, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> Due to license incompatibility, the content of the NewInLenny wiki page
> can't be copied to the release notes.

I just added this info as well as a link to the releasenotes repo to
http://wiki.debian.org/NewInLenny.


regards,
Holger
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org