Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/)
-   -   Bug#497236: ITP: libcpuset -- assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/151583-bug-497236-itp-libcpuset-assigns-set-cpus-memory-nodes-set-tasks.html)

AnÝbal Monsalve Salazar 08-31-2008 07:31 AM

Bug#497236: ITP: libcpuset -- assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks
 
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>

* Package name : libcpuset
Version : 1.0
Upstream Author : Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com>
* URL : http://oss.sgi.com/projects/cpusets/
* License : LGPL
Programming Lang: C
Description : assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks

The Cpuset System is a processor and memory placement mechanism that
enables a system administrator to confine tasks to running on
certain CPUs, and to allocating memory on certain Memory Nodes.
The libcpuset library provides a convenient 'C' API to cpusets.

Paul Jackson 09-01-2008 03:37 AM

Bug#497236: ITP: libcpuset -- assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks
 
Bastian wrote:
> Does it work with the cgroup subsystem?

I'm uncertain of the context here, as I don't usually
read this list, and don't have the prior messages on
this particular thread, but if you're asking if libcpuset
works with cgroups, yes it does.

The cgroup subsystem does not change cpusets at all.
Cpusets "post-cgroups" are 100% compatible with cpusets
"pre-cgroups."

The documentation is two years old because cpusets has
been stable for that long.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> 1.940.382.4214


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

AnÝbal Monsalve Salazar 09-01-2008 06:54 AM

Bug#497236: ITP: libcpuset -- assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks
 
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:37:01PM -0500, Paul Jackson wrote:
>Bastian wrote:
>>Does it work with the cgroup subsystem?
>
>I'm uncertain of the context here, as I don't usually read this list,
>and don't have the prior messages on this particular thread,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/08/msg00871.html

>but if you're asking if libcpuset works with cgroups, yes it does.
>
>The cgroup subsystem does not change cpusets at all. Cpusets
>"post-cgroups" are 100% compatible with cpusets "pre-cgroups."
>
>The documentation is two years old because cpusets has been stable for
>that long.
>
>--
> I won't rest till it's the best ...
> Programmer, Linux Scalability
> Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> 1.940.382.4214

Paul Jackson 09-01-2008 06:59 AM

Bug#497236: ITP: libcpuset -- assigns a set of CPUs and Memory Nodes to a set of tasks
 
Anibal, replying to pj:
> > I'm uncertain of the context here, as I don't usually read this list,
> > and don't have the prior messages on this particular thread,
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/08/msg00871.html

Yeah - so I figured out. Thanks.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> 1.940.382.4214


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.