Old 08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo

Default Source field in binary Packages list

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 03:21:36PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am working on a grouping feature for aptitude, to group binary
> > packages by their source package. However, some packages in the Packages
> > file do not have a Source field. My guess was to use the package name as
> > the source package name. Is this right?
>
> Yup
>

> > Thanks,
> > Thadeu Cascardo.

Thanks again!

For those interested, I've submitted the patches to the BTS as bugs
497205 and 497206. Note that 497205 should break libapt-pkg ABI, so take
care. :-)

Comments welcome. Regards,
Thadeu Cascardo.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Daniel Burrows

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 07:13:50PM -0300, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org> was heard to say:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 03:21:36PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am working on a grouping feature for aptitude, to group binary
> > > packages by their source package. However, some packages in the Packages
> > > file do not have a Source field. My guess was to use the package name as
> > > the source package name. Is this right?
> >
> > Yup
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Thadeu Cascardo.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> For those interested, I've submitted the patches to the BTS as bugs
> 497205 and 497206. Note that 497205 should break libapt-pkg ABI, so take
> care. :-)

Why do you need #497205? Is it too slow to just use SourcePkg() in
the package records object?

Daniel

Old 09-01-2008, 03:57 AM

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 02:20:27PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> Why do you need #497205? Is it too slow to just use SourcePkg() in
> the package records object?
>
> Daniel

Sorry! I was lazy/stupid/whatever enough to not read more about apt and
learn how to do it without adding a field to the cache. So, I am
attaching the patch to the patch for aptitude, which does not need this
other patch to APT. I will close the apt bug after that.

I still like the patch to be reviewed, if you can, please.

Thanks,
Thadeu Cascardo.