Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Laurent Guignard

Default Needed information about a structure

Old 08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Russ Allbery

Laurent Guignard <lguignard2000@yahoo.fr> writes:

> Hello developers,
>
> I would like to know how to discover the library for the structure
> "udphdr" because the DHCP_PROBE program (in wanted package of the WNPP)
> use this structure and configure is OK but when i compile I have this
> error :
> dhcp_probe.c:798: error: ‘struct udphdr’ has no member named ‘uh_ulen’
>
> I understand that the structure udphdr hasn't the member used in
> dhcp_probe.c file but i would like to discover where to find the good
> header file to include so the library which is contain it...

windlord:/usr/include> grep -r udphdr *
linux/udp.h:struct udphdr {
netinet/udp.h:struct udphdr
netinet/udp.h:struct udphdr

So /usr/include/netinet/udp.h is the right include file for that
structure. (Structure definitions are not something that exist in a
library, really, although they may be part of the ABI for a library.)

That structure does indeed have a uh_ulen member iff _BSD_SOURCE is
defined by the application before including the header file (and various
other feature test macros are not defined). See /usr/include/features.h
and search for __FAVOR_BSD.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Laurent Guignard