Old 08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Steve Greenland

Default Minor bobble in etch->lenny upgrade

Just upgraded an old etch box to lenny via aptitude, ran into the
following minor problem:

(Reading database ... 22081 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mount 2.12r-19etch1 (using .../mount_2.13.1.1-1_i386.deb) ...
You have NFS mount points currently mounted, and this version of mount
requires that nfs-common be upgraded before NFS mounts will work.

Aborting install.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.13.1.1-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
/var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.13.1.1-1_i386.deb
A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
Press return to continue.

I've no idea whether or not there's anyway to make this happen without
user intervention; I just unmounted the NFS disk and restarted aptitude,
which then proceeded without problem.

Steve

Old 08-24-2008, 03:00 AM
"Paul Wise"

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:

> Just upgraded an old etch box to lenny via aptitude, ran into the
> following minor problem:
>
> (Reading database ... 22081 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace mount 2.12r-19etch1 (using .../mount_2.13.1.1-1_i386.deb) ...
> You have NFS mount points currently mounted, and this version of mount
> requires that nfs-common be upgraded before NFS mounts will work.

Known issue, marked as wontfix:

http://bugs.debian.org/493095

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 08-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Vincent Danjean

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:
>
>> Just upgraded an old etch box to lenny via aptitude, ran into the
>> following minor problem:
>>
>> (Reading database ... 22081 files and directories currently installed.)
>> Preparing to replace mount 2.12r-19etch1 (using .../mount_2.13.1.1-1_i386.deb) ...
>> You have NFS mount points currently mounted, and this version of mount
>> requires that nfs-common be upgraded before NFS mounts will work.
>
> Known issue, marked as wontfix:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/493095

I also run into this issue at my lab.

This will need to be really well advertised in the release notes because it
is not so simple to recover from such problem.

Regards,
Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean GPG key ID 0x9D025E87 vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A 8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87