Old 08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Xavier Roche

Default postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig with a -dev package because of .so development files ?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to solve a small
"postinst/postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig" lintian warning in the
binary package libhttrack-dev (source package: httrack)

I suppose that dh_makeshlibs adds it because of .a/.so devel files being
placed in /usr/lib (?)

Is there a clean way to prevent that ?

(see also cleanuped experimental package at
<http://debian.httrack.com/dists/unstable/main/source/>)

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM

Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com> writes:

> I suppose that dh_makeshlibs adds it because of .a/.so devel files
> being placed in /usr/lib (?)

More likely because of the private shared libraries in
/usr/lib/httrack/libtest.

> Is there a clean way to prevent that ?

dh_makeshlibs -X/usr/lib/httrack/libtest

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu

Old 08-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Xavier Roche

Aaron M. Ucko a écrit :

More likely because of the private shared libraries in
/usr/lib/httrack/libtest.
dh_makeshlibs -X/usr/lib/httrack/libtest

Darn - this was indeed the solution, thanks!