Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default EUROPE: CDs, Shirts and Stickers

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 17:22 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Gerold Kassube wrote:
>
> > But if we want produce Shirts with a (Fedora-) Logo; don't we need to
> > pay attention to the Logo UsageGuidline at
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines2 ?
> >
> > Personaly I like every design, every single shirt but I also think, we
> > have to ask legal if we don't harm the Trademark given by RH ...
>
> Hey Fedora Project Leader, Mr. Frields:
>
> What do you say? Do you have any problem with us producing a bunch of
> the "I *heart* Fedora" tshirts?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_T(2d)Shirt_tshirt_love.png

Fedora EMEA e.V. is producing these shirts, correct? They have a
trademark licensing agreement.

The T-shirt shown doesn't have our official logo on it, but I think
there ought to be one -- a small one on the upper back, or on one
sleeve. That helps to keep the brand identification even though the
front has a completely different presentation of the word "fedora."

I think that single change would be sufficient for me to say, "Go for
it!".

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Max Spevack

What do you say? Do you have any problem with us producing a bunch
of the "I *heart* Fedora" tshirts?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_T(2d)Shirt_tshirt_love.png

Fedora EMEA e.V. is producing these shirts, correct? They have a
trademark licensing agreement.

The T-shirt shown doesn't have our official logo on it, but I think
there ought to be one -- a small one on the upper back, or on one
sleeve. That helps to keep the brand identification even though the
front has a completely different presentation of the word "fedora."

I think that single change would be sufficient for me to say, "Go for
it!".

Sounds good. What do you think, Art Team? Any chance you guys can whip
that up for us?

thanks,
Max

Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Nicu Buculei

Max Spevack wrote:

What do you say? Do you have any problem with us producing a bunch
of the "I *heart* Fedora" tshirts?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_T(2d)Shirt_tshirt_love.png

Fedora EMEA e.V. is producing these shirts, correct? They have a
trademark licensing agreement.

The T-shirt shown doesn't have our official logo on it, but I think
there ought to be one -- a small one on the upper back, or on one
sleeve. That helps to keep the brand identification even though the
front has a completely different presentation of the word "fedora."

I think that single change would be sufficient for me to say, "Go for
it!".

Sounds good. What do you think, Art Team? Any chance you guys can whip
that up for us?

If I understand Paul's request correctly, the requirement is to have
this very logo http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Logo_fedoralogo.png
on the sleeve (I think I would like it better this way, just like the
sleeve of the polo shirt, only without the "ambassador" word and with
blue text - [1]) or on the back.
Just applying the logo (I believe Fedora EMEA e.V. already has the
source for it) at a certain size (larger for the back, smaller for the
sleeve).

Now for the *real* question: when and where can I buy one of these?

[1] -
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/01/fedora-ambassadors-polo-shirts.html

Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 AM
"Gerold"

> Max Spevack wrote:

>>> Fedora EMEA e.V. is producing these shirts, correct? They have a
>>> trademark licensing agreement.
>>>
>>> The T-shirt shown doesn't have our official logo on it, but I think
>>> there ought to be one -- a small one on the upper back, or on one
>>> sleeve. That helps to keep the brand identification even though the
>>> front has a completely different presentation of the word "fedora."
>>>
>>> I think that single change would be sufficient for me to say, "Go for
>>> it!".
>>
>> Sounds good. What do you think, Art Team? Any chance you guys can whip
>> that up for us?
>

> If I understand Paul's request correctly, the requirement is to have
> this very logo http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Logo_fedoralogo.png
> on the sleeve (I think I would like it better this way, just like the
> sleeve of the polo shirt, only without the "ambassador" word and with
> blue text - [1]) or on the back.
^^
Blue text? No; I think Paul want's to have the last (heart) one modified
with the "official Logo" (and afai understood _ONLY_ the logo [somewhere])
on the shirt ..

> Just applying the logo (I believe Fedora EMEA e.V. already has the
> source for it) at a certain size (larger for the back, smaller for the
> sleeve).
^^
Fedora EMEA e.V. has only a trademark licensing agreement and prodcued
Stitch cards for producing the "Ambassador Polo Shirt" many, many European
Ambassadors are wearing at several events like FOSDEM, Linuxtag and it is
also gone to the US with paul, Max, Mike McGrath and Tom "Spot"

> Now for the *real* question: when and where can I buy one of these?
^^
Nicu, it'll be a pleasure for the EMEA e.V. to organise with the next
order we will realize ONE for you; ...
But we need to collect orders because otherwise the shipping and handling
costs for a single one is too high. I think we will try to collect for the
next event to order again a bunch of (between 30 to 50 pcs.); Sounds that
good for you?

Regards

Gerold

Old 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Nicu Buculei

Gerold wrote:

Max Spevack wrote:

[...]

The logo (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo) consists from both the
logotype (the "fedora" text in a light blue Bryant font) and the symbol
(the infinity bubble).

According with the usage guidelines
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines) in some cases one
can use either the logotype or the symbol, but usually when talking
about the logo one understand a composition including both of them.

Also, according to the guidelines, the logotype is light blue, but when
used against a dark background, it is allowed to make it white, that was
the case with the blue ambassador polo I mentioned before. When I said
"blue text" I wanted to make a distinction: to not use a blue text like
in that case, but the normal light blue.

Attached is what I think you are describing, but not what I understand
Paul asked for. Anyway, if you like it, feel free to use.

Just applying the logo (I believe Fedora EMEA e.V. already has the
source for it) at a certain size (larger for the back, smaller for the
sleeve).

^^
Fedora EMEA e.V. has only a trademark licensing agreement and prodcued
Stitch cards for producing the "Ambassador Polo Shirt" many, many European
Ambassadors are wearing at several events like FOSDEM, Linuxtag and it is
also gone to the US with paul, Max, Mike McGrath and Tom "Spot"

"The source" is the SVG of the logo, which is trivial to get (acailable
in many sources of our graphics) but officially you have to ask for. So
if you asked for the logo to create the polo, I bet you have the file
somewhere

Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM
"Andy Fitzsimon"

i love that design

Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Max Spevack

The T-shirt shown doesn't have our official logo on it, but I think
there ought to be one -- a small one on the upper back, or on one
sleeve. That helps to keep the brand identification even though the
front has a completely different presentation of the word "fedora."

To summarize the requirements:

FRONT of the shirt:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_T(2d)Shirt_tshirt_love.png

BACK of the shirt:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/2d/Logo_fedoralogo.png

(but smaller, and up near the top in the center, by the neck).

I envision us having the shirts printed in white.

========

That's it! Let's not make this any more complicated than we need to!

The only question worth asking at this point is "do the EMEA Ambassadors
like that design enough to spend some of our money producing it?"
Personally, I think it is cool, fun, and different from all the other
shirts that we have, and I vote yes.

It's the Fedora logo -- live a little!

--Max

Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Nicu Buculei

Max Spevack wrote:

To summarize the requirements:

FRONT of the shirt:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_T(2d)Shirt_tshirt_love.png

BACK of the shirt:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/2d/Logo_fedoralogo.png

(but smaller, and up near the top in the center, by the neck).

I envision us having the shirts printed in white.

Take 1 and take 2 (both attached).

Old 07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Ian Weller