Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Eddy Petrișor

Default "glib too old" OR "Lenny broken by default?"

Hello,

(please CC me, I am not subscribed.)

During a regular upgrade of my laptop (follows lenny) I have seen these messages:

Se pregătește înlocuirea lui linux-image-2.6.25-2-amd64 2.6.25-6 (folosind
.../linux-image-2.6.25-2-amd64_2.6.25-7_amd64.deb) ...
*** This build of Glib was compiled with glib 2.16.4, but is currently running with 2.16.3, which is
too old. We'll continue, but expect problems!
*** This build of Glib was compiled with glib 2.16.4, but is currently running with 2.16.3, which is
too old. We'll continue, but expect problems!

Where does this message originate from and is it something to worry about? Will this mean that all
Lenny installations will have this warning by default?

How can this be fixed?

EddyP

Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
James Vega

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 01:31:52AM +0300, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> During a regular upgrade of my laptop (follows lenny) I have seen these messages:

Looks like the same issue discussed earlier in the week.

James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Josselin Mouette

Package: libglib-perl
Version: 1:1.190-1
Severity: important

Le jeudi 24 juillet 2008 * 01:31 +0300, Eddy Petrișor a écrit :
> During a regular upgrade of my laptop (follows lenny) I have seen these messages:
>
> Se pregătește înlocuirea lui linux-image-2.6.25-2-amd64 2.6.25-6 (folosind
> .../linux-image-2.6.25-2-amd64_2.6.25-7_amd64.deb) ...
> *** This build of Glib was compiled with glib 2.16.4, but is currently running with 2.16.3, which is
> too old. We'll continue, but expect problems!
> *** This build of Glib was compiled with glib 2.16.4, but is currently running with 2.16.3, which is
> too old. We'll continue, but expect problems!
>
> Where does this message originate from and is it something to worry about? Will this mean that all
> Lenny installations will have this warning by default?
>
> How can this be fixed?

This can be fixed by removing this stupid warning in libglib-perl. We
have dependency systems to handle, you know, dependencies, and some
developer just thought he could be more clever than these dependency
systems.

Cheers,
--
.'`.