Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Walter Franzini

Default amd64 buildd hosts

Hi all,

I'm trying to make aegis ready for lenny and it currently fails on
amd64 (nautilus), but the problem seems related to the environment
being somewhat broken. What's the best method to contact the person(s)
responsible for nautilus?

For a detailed explanation about the reasons of the failure, look at
the message from Peter Miller in the thread below:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.amd64/25382

TIA
--
Walter Franzini
http://aegis.stepbuild.org/

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/CB3FEB43
Key fingerprint : FA26 C33B CAFF 7848 EFEB 7327 96AA 2D57 CB3F EB43
Key server : http://www.keyserver.net

Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Walter Franzini <walter.franzini@gmail.com> (22/07/2008):

$arch@buildd.debian.org

> For a detailed explanation about the reasons of the failure, look at
> the message from Peter Miller in the thread below:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.amd64/25382

Looks to me that aegis shouldn't rely on the environment (think about
strange $HOME settings, like unset, or set to an empty or
write-protected location).

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Walter Franzini

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Walter Franzini <walter.franzini@gmail.com> (22/07/2008):
>> I'm trying to make aegis ready for lenny and it currently fails on
>> amd64 (nautilus), but the problem seems related to the environment
>> being somewhat broken. What's the best method to contact the
>> person(s) responsible for nautilus?
>
> $arch@buildd.debian.org

thanks.

[...]

> Looks to me that aegis shouldn't rely on the environment (think about
> strange $HOME settings, like unset, or set to an empty or
> write-protected location).

And in fact we have already fixed problems related to the strangeness
in home directory settings for buildd hosts, however, as Peter
explained, aegis refuse to work under unknown groups/users (by design
I think).

ciao

Old 07-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Walter Franzini

Walter Franzini <walter.franzini@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to make aegis ready for lenny and it currently fails on
> amd64 (nautilus), but the problem seems related to the environment
> being somewhat broken. What's the best method to contact the person(s)
> responsible for nautilus?

Now aegis build also on amd64, my thanks to Frederik Schueler and Kurt
Roeckx for the support.

ciao