Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Drew Parsons

Default ITH:: gerris - Gerris Flow Solver

ITH = Intent To Hijack

Gerris is a system for the solution of the partial differential
equations describing fluid flow. And it's a bloody good one too.

Gerris users would be aware that the gerris package is somewhat
neglected, being several version behind upstream and no maintainer
uploads since 2005. Fortunately upstream releases snapshot debs which
have filled the gap.

A rumoured forthcoming release should serve my modelling needs nicely.
I would therefore like to take over the package once it is out.

Unfortunately I don't believe I'll be able to take over the package
before the lenny freeze, sorry!

Marcelo, please let me know if you would like to hang on to gerris.

Regards,

Drew

Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 AM
Drew Parsons

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 10:23 +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> ITH = Intent To Hijack
>
> Gerris is a system for the solution of the partial differential
> equations describing fluid flow. And it's a bloody good one too.

> I would therefore like to take over the package once it is out.

Belay that. Upstream pointed out that Ruben Molina has already offered
to take over the package. I'm happy to help if needed

Drew