Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Francesco Namuri

Default RFC: libprojectM, new upstream version.

Hi,
I've packaged the new version of this library, the upstream author has
changed the SONAME, and so I've changed the name of the lib and -data
package, not changed the name of the -dev file because the old
maintainer has chosen to not version the package.

This is my first library package, and I've some doubts, is for this that
I'm asking for RFC...

Is it correct to replace the old library? This can cause some breakage
with old linked binaries (if any, I've seen that no package depends on
this library)...

about the change of SONAME by the upstream author, is it correct to
change the SONAME if the library is compatible with the old one?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
francesco

The respective dsc file can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libprojectm/libprojectm_1.2.0-1.dsc