Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Adam C Powell IV

Default ITP: MUMPS -- MUltifrontal Massively Parallel sparse direct Solver

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

Package name: mumps
Version: 4.7.3
Author: Patrick Amestoy et al.
License: public domain

MUMPS implements a direct solver for large sparse linear systems, with a
particular focus on symmetric positive definite matrices. It can
operate on distributed matrices e.g. over a cluster. It has Fortran and
C interfaces, and can interface with ordering tools such as METIS.

Version 9.3 of Code_Aster (ITP 458812) uses MUMPS, so this package will
play a role in that packaging effort.

-Adam
--
GPG fingerprint: D54D 1AEE B11C CE9B A02B C5DD 526F 01E8 564E E4B6

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/

Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 AM