Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Brian

Default A few Questions: Creating an arch indep pkg.

Q1)
What's the difference between Build-Depends-Indep and Build-Depends?

I am creating a new package.
* The source package requires i386 to build and has many dependencies.
* The binary package is architechure independent and has no dependencies.

How should I use Build-Depends?
I was thinking:
Build-Depends: nothing
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>= 5), perl (>= 5.8.4),
libxml-sax-expat-perl, libxml-sax-machines-perl, etc.....

Is that correct?

Q2)
What should my debian/rules .PHONY line look like?

I guess it to be??
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary install

Q3)
Are there any well built packages that are similar? So I can copy their
templates?

- Brian

Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Ben Finney

Brian <junkmail_5412@comcast.net> writes:

[…]

Brian, the questions you asked are best asked on
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org. I'll follow up with some answers
there.

--
“People's Front To Reunite Gondwanaland: Stop the Laurasian |
` Separatist Movement!” —wiredog, http://kuro5hin.org/ |