-   -   Emulate 3 button mouse by pressing ctrl+button1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/crux/9823-emulate-3-button-mouse-pressing-ctrl-button1.html)

"Fernan Bolando" 12-01-2007 09:50 AM

Emulate 3 button mouse by pressing ctrl+button1

I would like to emulate the 3 button by pressing ctrl+button1.
Anybody know how to do this?

I am not sure if this is possible or where to search this. I am also not
sure if this is better the pressing button1+button2 to emulate the
third button.

fernan
--
http://www.fernski.com

Tilman Sauerbeck 12-01-2007 10:12 AM

Emulate 3 button mouse by pressing ctrl+button1

Fernan Bolando [2007-12-01 18:50]:
> I would like to emulate the 3 button by pressing ctrl+button1.
> Anybody know how to do this?
>
> I am not sure if this is possible or where to search this. I am also not
> sure if this is better the pressing button1+button2 to emulate the
> third button.

Quoting mousedrv(4):

Option "Emulate3Buttons" "boolean"
Enable/disable the emulation of the third (middle) mouse button
for mice which only have two physical buttons. The third button
is emulated by pressing both buttons simultaneously. Default:
off

Sounds like it's hard coded to work with both buttons.

Regards,
Tilman